New Member Program
The New Member Experience is based on Tri Sigma’s mission, vision and values. Our mission statement, the tenets for our existence, is to establish among its members a perpetual bond of friendship, to develop in them strong womanly character, and impress upon them high standards of conduct. We strive to achieve this by providing exceptional experiences that empower our members to change the world. The new member program is grounded in these tenets. Here is an overview.
- The ideal new member program is 6-8 weeks; however, it will never exceed 8 weeks.
- The program is designed to educate them on history, our values, operations and developing leadership and academic success skills.
- During those weeks, new members will be guided through nine online sessions that have complimentary in person group meetings.
- New members will receive a mentor (big sister) during her new member program who will support her not only in her new member education but getting to know members and acclimated with member responsibilities.
- New members will also have responsibilities which mirror those of the initiated members. This can include study hours, participation requirements, dues, holding leadership positions and most importantly upholding the standards of the Sorority.
Questions about the new member experience? Contact the chapter Vice President of New Member Education.
In addition to Tri Sigma's New Member Education Program, Bloomsburg University also requires New Members to complete New Member programming. This programming is planned and executed by the campus fraternity/sorority advisor.